An introduction to myself through (my own version of) Proust’s questionnaire.
1. Your most marked characteristic?
2. The quality you most like in a man?
Intelligence and humour
3. The quality you most like in a woman?
Self-discipline, assertiveness and the will never to cry in public
4. What do you most value in your friends?
That they are my friends
5. What is your principle defect?
I! Am! Stubborn!
6. What is your favourite occupation?
Travelling, reading, observing, writing
7. What is your dream of happiness?
To be surrounded by books, to see the blue sky, and to know that my friends are only a phone call away
8. What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Never to have met my boyfriend
9. What would you like to be?
Myself, even better
10. In what country would you like to live?
11. Who are your favourite writers?
Heine, Irving, Noll, Bukowski
12. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Hamlet, Jack Bauer
13. Who are your favourite heroines of fiction?
Lisbeth Salander, The Bride
14. Who is your favourite composer?
15. Who is your favourite painter?
16. Who are your heroes in real life?
My granny and some of my school teachers
17. Who is your favourite heroine of history?
18. What are your favourite names?
A name is made beautiful by the person it belongs to
19. What is it you most dislike?
To celebrate stupidity
20. What historical figures do you most despise?
The list would be too long
21. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
22. How would you like to die?
Pleased with myself
23. What is your present state of mind?
Longing for a coffee but otherwise content
24. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Impatience and sleeping in on weekends
25. What is your motto?
Things usually look better in the morning